Auckland’s Spray Tan Specialists!
Whether you are looking for a sun-kissed glow or a deep tropical tan we will customise the colour to fit your specific needs. Our spray tans are premium quality and professionally applied. Treat yourself to a healthy, safe, and natural bronzed look with a spray tan.
We have a fabulous selection of natural colours suitable for fair, medium and olive complexions. With natural bronzers, you’ll see an immediate effect that deepens over time until you’re ready to shower and reveal your gorgeous natural-looking spray tan that lasts 7-10 days with proper care. A disposable g-string and hair cover is supplied for your comfort and convenience.
We have a range of 2-8 hour development times available which are hydrating, long-lasting, non-orange, non-sticky and quick to dry. It’s everything you would want in a spray tan!
Pre-paid concessions are to be used within 6 months from purchase date.
Contact us for special discounted pricing of group bookings (4 or more people).
PREPARATION AND HOME CARE FOR TAN APPLICATION
PREPARATION FOR YOUR TAN APPLICATION
- If you wax, do so at least 72 hours prior to your tan application. If you shave, please do so the night before your tan application.
- Use a loofah, mitt or body scrub on the night before your appointment to thoroughly exfoliate the skin prior to your tan appointment. We stock tan remover mitts specifically designed to remove your previous spray tan and/or exfoliate the skin. If you prefer a body scrubs ensure no oily residue is left on the skin if this is your final shower before your tan.
- Avoid applying moisturisers, or lotions on the day of your appointment. These will act as an inhibitor to the tan and affect the final result.
- Make sure you do not apply deodorant on the day of your spray tan. Ensure you wash your underarms with a washcloth and soap really well prior to getting a tan as most deodorants are long lasting so need thorough removal.
- If it’s raining we suggest you bring an umbrella, and wear clothing that will cover your skin to prevent any water drops going on to your undeveloped spray tan.
HOME CARE FOR TAN APPLICATION
- Bring dark and loose clothing to wear after your tan to avoid staining light clothing, rubbing the tan off, and to feel most comfortable. Where possible avoid wearing your bra after your tan. Alternatively a strapless bra or bathing suit is recommended to protect rubbing in the shoulder area, especially if you are wearing a strapless dress to an upcoming event. Also jandals are great to avoid rubbing the tan off your feet.
- No swimming, sweating, exercising or getting wet until you have showered within the recommended development time.
- When you wash off your tan (have your first shower) ensure you have a quick shower (approx. 3 minutes) and use your hands to wipe over your skin to ensure all initial bronzers are fully rinsed – this ensures there is no ‘streaking’ to the tan. If you see a streak look – jump back in the shower. We recommend a water only shower when doing first rinse off ie. no shower gels, shampoos, conditioners and no moisturiser for that first shower until tan has fully developed – the next day is fine.
- Pat your skin dry post shower – do not rub!
- Leave the tan on for 2-8 hours to develop before showering. Your therapist will tell you when to wash off your tan, depending on your desired colour. When you have a shorter rinse off time, do remember your tan will take another 24 hours to fully develop to its true shade.
- If you are sleeping overnight with your undeveloped tan, remember to sleep on dark sheets to avoid staining bedding from the initial bronzers of the spray tan which will be there until your first shower.
- Moisturise daily to preserve the tan for the longest time. We recommend using a gradual tan such as Bronzing Bliss by Minx to keep the colour longer.
- Chlorine will shorten the length of your tan so avoid swimming pools and spa’s following application.
- Exfoliate only when you are ready to remove the tan.
We have a range of solutions available from Minx Tanning and Black Magic Tan.
All bronzing liquids are formulated with ECO-CERT DHA. NO tanning liquid contains Brown HT to ensure the health and safety of our users while promoting the development of healthier looking skin.